We’re not raising fares or cutting service in next year’s budget, but we are still proposing some changes – and we’d love to hear from you.
To balance Metro’s budget for the coming year, the District of Columbia, Maryland and Virginia governments have pledged to increase their funding for Metro, while Metro continues to take actions to cut costs and operate more efficiently. We are still considering the following options that may impact you:
- Increase the daily parking fee at Minnesota Ave. station to the same price as all other Metro parking facilities in the District ($4.60).
- Extend the hours we collect parking fees at Metrorail stations by one hour in both the morning and evening on weekdays.
- Eliminate the TransitLink Card (TLC) pass – one of the few remaining paper farecard products in the Metrorail system.
We need to hear from you – tell us how these proposals would affect you:
- TAKE AN ONLINE SURVEY. Complete the survey to provide your feedback before 9:00 a.m. on Monday, April 13.
- ATTEND THE PUBLIC HEARING on Tuesday, April 7 at 6:30 p.m. (Information session at 6:00 p.m.). Register to speak by emailing email@example.com.
Metro Headquarters (Jackson Graham Building) 600 5th St NW, Washington DC 20001
Take Metrobus: 70, 74, 79, 80, D6, P6, X2, X9
The public hearing location is wheelchair accessible. For accommodations for people with disabilities, call (202) 962-2511. For language assistance, such as an interpreter or information in another language, please call 202-962-2582 at least 48 hours prior to the public hearing date.
Public comments will be considered by the WMATA Board of Directors when adopting the final Fiscal Year 2016 budget plan.