If you are great with data and love cities and transit, we have a job for you.
We were excited to announce that a job listing for a Business Intelligence Analyst position within Planning’s Applied Planning Intelligence unit has just been posted. We are looking for a healthy overlap between a data scientist and a transit nerd. For the full job description, head over to the wmata.com/careers site, scroll down and click on View all jobs. A short description is posted below.
Currently a team of two, we work to convert Metro’s many data sources into information that can be used to inform plans, policies and procedures. Many of our projects have been featured here on PlanItMetro, including:
- Modeling the impact of land use on Metrorail ridership
- SafeTrack customer impacts and monitoring
- Supporting the (app) developer community
- The development of the SelectPass pilot
- Understanding the impact of SmartBenefits and federal workforce policies on the region
- Developing data visualizations to help better communicate what we’re learning from our data sources
- Writing for and managing the PlanItMetro blog